Oryx Non-Contact Metal Strip Thickness Gauge
The non-contact strip thickness gauge is a compact C-frame with two measuring heads, one above and one below the strip. The sensors measure the distance to the strip then calculates the thickness. In addition, it can measure strip that is not flat.
- Metal strip thickness measurement
- Compact Cframe contains two measuring heads, one above the strip and one below the strip. They measure the distance to the strip. The system then calculates the thickness of the strip.
- Installation directly in the mill is possible.
- Direct, absolute thickness measurement of any metal.
- High precision, up to ± 2.0 µm
- Air gap between sensors 120 mm
- Strip width 150 mm
- Strip position 550 mm
- Strip flutter maximum ± 3 mm
- Measurement range 0.25 mm to 15 mm
- Maximum strip temperature 150 °C
- Sampling rate 50 kHz
- Position Control:
- Accuracy ± 0.25 mm
- Positioning speed maximum 400 mm/s
- Adjusting speed 50 mm/s
- Width (installation space) in pass direction 105 mm
- Width 580 mm
- Height 360 mm
- Connection to free standing control console with standard cable 5, 10 or 20 m long.
- Turnkey system.
- Ambient temperature 0° to 45° C, Relative humidity 0 to 90%
- Power supply 115/235 V single phase 50 - 60 Hz