Oryx LG Series Non-Contact C-Frame Thickness Measurement Gauges
The LG is an online laser thickness gauge designed for measuring the thickness of metal, plastic, rubber and most materials produced in sheet or strip form. This allows improved process control , productivity and scrap reduction. Also known as the “C” frame, this system has accuracy to ±1.0 µm. It is a standard product that can be customized to each customer’s web width requirements.
Principle of operation:
Two non-contact displacement sensors are mounted above and below the material to be measured. Their beams focused on the same spot on the target. Each sensor determines the distance to the target. The thickness of which can be calculated.
- Easy installation- The system is plug and play. The quick connect cable from controller to Cframe is 5,10 or 20 meters long.
- C-frame positioned by electric servo drive. This allows automatic positioning of the measuring point or scanning of the material to produce a cross web profile.
- Automatic calibration – The system maintains calibration accuracy and re-calibrates if a temperature change is sensed.
- Water cooling option if required when the material being measured is at a high temperature.
- High precision.
- Metallic – Non Metallic
- Wet, Dry
- Anode and Cathode for Lithium Ion
- Lithium Ion Separator
- Lead acid
|Thickness Range||0.2 mm to 20 mm (0.008 “ to 0.8 “)|
|Light Source||650 nm visible light class II(FDA)|
|Laser Power||4.8 mW maximum|
|Sampling frequency||1 kHz to 50 kHz|
|Input power||115 – 235 VAC 50/60 Hz 5 A|
|Scanning Speed||Up to 400 mm/s|
|Measuring range||± 5 mm to ± 25 mm depending on model|
|Web Width||500, 600 720 mm depending on model|
|Resolution||0.1 µm 0.2 µm or 0.5 µm depending on model|
|Temperature range Ambient||10 ° C to 50 °C|